ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Youtube channel intro

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben ReevesYoutube channel intro
by on Jan 24, 2010 at 2:05:17 pm

Hi there,

Im Ben and im 13.

Im trying to create am introduction for my channel, which I can add at the start of all my videos! I know my way around photoshop but after effects is completely new to me. I have checked out lots of tutorials but there all to hard.

I need a basic intro tutorial, does anyone know any.

Thanks, greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Joey ForemanRe: Youtube channel intro
by on Jan 24, 2010 at 5:19:26 pm

See if your folks will let you get a subscription to They have step by step video tutorials covering everything you need to know to get up and running. And don't be afraid to read the manual. It's very well written, and not too hard to follow.

Good Luck!

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Youtube channel intro
by on Jan 24, 2010 at 7:57:09 pm

Why, I do know a number of good places for you. First though, welcome to After Effects! It's a very complicated and powerful program, do not be surprised if it takes you a while to feel comfortable in it. Having a basic understanding of Photoshop will help you as blending modes, layers, and adjustment layers will all be familiar to you here in AE.

There'a a great post here on starting in After Effects. All of the links on that page are amazingly useful to someone just starting out. Work your way through all of them before you start trying to do the cool stuff; you'll be a lot less frustrated. (He even links you to VideoCopilot's great basic tutorials.) It may appear to take more time, but you'll have a much better product in the end and you'll be much happier as a person.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Youtube channel intro
by on Jan 25, 2010 at 5:32:18 pm

And here's WHY everybody's pointing to you to beginner stuff:

When AE was invented, about the only people who had it were TV and film professionals -- guys who worked for places like Lucasfilm, MGM, NBC, ABC, CNN, etc. In other words, buys who knew the industry, who knew their stuff, and who did their homework. It wasn't too much of a stretch for them to learn the AE basics and get comfy with AE.

Now AE's being used by... well, by 13-year-olds. But the way AE works hasn't changed in more than twleve years. So the AE basics, once part of the learning curve for the pros, are now being blown off by the kids. Hey, it's just another piece of software, right?

Wrong. If you don't learn the basics, AE will put you in a World of Hurt, and that's no joke. So that's why we're telling you to learn the basics.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved