ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Compositing Plates? Example?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elliot PollaroCompositing Plates? Example?
by on Jan 23, 2010 at 6:49:33 pm

I was wondering how you composite different plates together like in this video:

If you go to 1:25 seconds in the video it will show the different plates and how that put it all together. What is this process. How is this done. Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Compositing Plates? Example?
by on Jan 23, 2010 at 7:16:04 pm

Here's a basic summary of the tools and techniques used for compositing in general: "Compositing overview and resources".

The video that you linked to shows some good planning and technique, including getting good, locked-down shots of the background without the foreground items (the actors).

Some basic rotoscoping was probably used to isolate the actors onto separate layers, and then those layers could just be stacked on top of each other.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Elliot PollaroRe: Compositing Plates? Example?
by on Jan 23, 2010 at 7:31:47 pm

All of that was rotoscoped? I thought it could be but the people running in front of other people are CLEAN looking that some serious roto work

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Compositing Plates? Example?
by on Jan 23, 2010 at 7:40:09 pm

> All of that was rotoscoped? I thought it could be but the people running in front of other people are CLEAN looking that some serious roto work

I can't be sure, but that's my guess.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Compositing Plates? Example?
by on Jan 24, 2010 at 12:22:42 am

[Elliot Pollaro] "All of that was rotoscoped?"

If you're talking about the shot where the guy runs down the hall, freezes in place, and then other people run up behind him, yes.

That's a piece of cake. You only have to make a mask for one frame.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Maxime MarquisRe: Compositing Plates? Example?
by on Jan 23, 2010 at 9:21:23 pm

Hi, Andrew Kramer made a tutorial that might interest you.

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorial/time_freeze/

Hope this help!

Max

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]