ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Default Dissolve Trans on Sequence tifs?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David BarkDefault Dissolve Trans on Sequence tifs?
by on Jan 23, 2010 at 5:26:30 pm

Just curious. I have a file that's part of my training: it's a tif sequence playing at 2 frames per second, and I'm almost positive there's a dissolve transition going on. That's all good, but what if I didn't want a dissolve? There's nothing in Interpret Footage (that I can see) that would control that aspect of a tiff sequence.

David Bark
Lightshine Productions

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Default Dissolve Trans on Sequence tifs?
by on Jan 23, 2010 at 7:04:14 pm

I'm guessing that you have frame blending turned on for the layer. If so, turn it off and see if that removes the apparent "dissolve transition".

If I'm right, then what is happening is that you've got a low-frame-rate footage item (your 2fps image sequence) in a composition with a higher frame rate, and the frame blending is interpolating between the frames of your footage item to serve the higher frame rate of the composition.

If you want to eliminate the guesswork, feel free to upload a project that shows this behavior, and I'll have a look.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved