ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

how can I put an image behind a glass door

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Romeo Meier
how can I put an image behind a glass door
on Jan 23, 2010 at 8:55:54 am

I would like to try to insert in image into another image where there is a glass door and i want to make that image to apear on the otherside or better outside of the window wich means i want to be able to see that image through the window. Pleae tell me how to do that

thanks
Romeo

Return to posts index

Wieger de Leur
Re: how can I put an image behind a glass door
on Jan 23, 2010 at 1:11:54 pm

Hi Romeo,

The answer to your question depends on how real you would like the effect to be.
The most straightforward option is to add both pictures - the window and the thing you want behind it - to a comp.
Put the window on top.
Draw a mask on the window picture and set it to subtract. If you want the window not completely transparent, you can change the opacity of the mask.

If you want advice for a more subtle effect, you can post the images. Options are for example to add a fall-of to the transparency and add some displacement for texture.

Return to posts index

Romeo Meier
on Jan 23, 2010 at 4:15:08 pm

do you mean using the pen tool to draw the mask? please explain more specific and also or where do i find "subtract"?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 23, 2010 at 10:14:26 pm

[Romeo Meier] "...do you mean using the pen tool to draw the mask? please explain more specific and also or where do i find "subtract"?"

If you're asking those kind of questions, you don't belong on this forum. It's not that you're a bad person or anything, but you do need to get up to speed with AE.

I strongly recommend you check out these highly-informative videos on the basic workings of AE. They explain a LOT of questions like these:
http://www.videocopilot.net/basic/

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ryan McAfee
on Jan 25, 2010 at 2:46:46 pm

Wieger answered your question. To make anything look good in AE, it takes time and patience. Though I do recommend first looking through the Manual. But don't get flustered "there is no such thing as a stupid question."

Ryan McAfee
Moon Community Access Television
http://www.MCA-TV.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]