ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Ghost Effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lloyd Vennie
Ghost Effect
on Jan 22, 2010 at 3:33:03 pm

Hi Guys,
I'm so lost. I'm trying to do a ghost effect. Basically a live person that has a ghost of another person inside him doing the same action. I've tried opacity in After effects and the color washed out. Ive tried placing a 3ds model inside my person but still not quite right. I've thought about make a 3 model of the live person and the ghost person but at this point I'm starting to get confused and lose my focus. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Her is a link to someone that did something very similar to what I want:

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Ghost Effect
on Jan 22, 2010 at 4:17:34 pm

That's pretty darned good, if you ask me. Nice goin'!

Since you can control the 32DS Max stuff -- but you can't control the movements of the actor -- you may want to look into the capabilities of 3D matchmove software. I recommend looking at an application called Syntheyes.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jan 22, 2010 at 6:49:54 pm

[Lloyd Vennie] "Basically a live person that has a ghost of another person inside him doing the same action. I've tried opacity in After effects and the color washed out. Ive tried placing a 3ds model inside my person but still not quite right."

So you've got the assets already, but you're having trouble compositing them together convincingly? Can you post some images of what you're working with and what you've tried already but didn't like?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Lloyd Vennie
on Jan 23, 2010 at 6:50:13 pm

Thank you for responding so quickly. Yes I will post them as soon as I can.

Return to posts index

Lloyd Vennie
on Jan 25, 2010 at 5:18:14 pm

Ok this is my best effort. I'm a newer student so I know its not up to par. I'm practicing with just a skull first and no tracking just to get the effect right and then I will put either "poser" or a live person underneath. As you can see the skull looks more like a mask than something underneath the skin. Other than the 3d model and tracking what is the difference between what I did here:

and this which is exactly the effect I'm looking for: (this is not my work below)

Return to posts index

Lloyd Vennie
on Jan 27, 2010 at 4:08:14 am

Ive been working hard and I now believe that I'm simply trying to learn to do a some x-ray shading. Does that sound about right?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]