Getting rid off motion tracking markers

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ady Le Roux
Getting rid off motion tracking markers
on Jan 22, 2010 at 1:39:46 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your time...

I have shot a music video - one of the shots is a girl on a white background.

So that I could use my recently aquirred motion tracking skills, I decided to stick black cross heirs on the wall when I was shooting!... this is great for motion tracking however!...

I realise that my graphics wont always cover up these cross heirs so I am wondering what is the best way to get rid of these black stickers (cross heirs) that I put on the wall???

I have tried single frame by frame rubbing it out but it does mean that it creates a flickering blob because sometimes it hasnt been just pure white.

Is there a way to clone frame by frame?... I seem to be able to clone but not frame by frame?... how would I get this smooth please?

cheers

a

Return to posts index

Steve Roberts
Re: Getting rid off motion tracking markers
on Jan 22, 2010 at 2:15:55 pm

I never do frame-by-frame painting (so far, anyway) for the reason you've mentioned.

You've done the tracking, so apply that tracking data to solids that are the same color as your background, so they can cover the tracking markers. Maybe draw masks on them to shrink them to the size of your crosshairs. Apply whatever animated effects you need (fill? curves? levels? ramp?) to make them match your background.

You can also apply the tracking data to a copy of the footage, mask it to cover the tracking markers, then use the pan behind tool to move the footage (slightly) behind the mask. This should replace the tracking marker with the area of footage right next to the tracking marker. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it works for a few frames, then you need to reposition the BG footage, covering the marker with a new part of the footage.

Does that make sense?

Return to posts index

Ady Le Roux
Re: Getting rid off motion tracking markers
on Jan 22, 2010 at 5:40:21 pm

thanks guys

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Getting rid of motion tracking markers
on Jan 22, 2010 at 3:38:28 pm

[Ady Le Roux] "...one of the shots is a girl on a white background. "

I hope the intent of shooting the subject this way was to create a silhouette. I hope you didn't shoot it this way simply because you thought it would be an adequate substitute for a chroma key.

Steve's advice, as always, is good. You might be able to get rid of those motion tracking crosshairs. As you've discovered, eliminating them at the edges of the subject is no fun.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]