ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rendering and Burning to DVD Issues

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Price
Rendering and Burning to DVD Issues
on Jan 22, 2010 at 1:05:57 pm

This is my first time using AfterEffects or any video software for that matter. I made a 20 minute picture slideshow with text animation, some picture effects, and audio. I was able to render it to a .mov format, but I would like to be able to burn it to a DVD and have it actually be readable on a DVD player or Xbox 360.

I had success with this by converting my .mov with Squeeze 6 on a trial basis to an NTSC DVD format which indeed did play on my Xbox, but because I only have a trial, there's a big watermark logo in the background of the entire show.

I've tried two other programs to convert my .mov to an MPEG format, but one was only recognized as a mixed media disc on my xbox and the other wasn't recognized at all. I noticed that the file from Squeeze 6 has a .m2v file name, while the two others that don't work had something different.

Does anyone know of any other freeware I could use to covernt my .mov to .m2v or another format that should work for a DVD player? I've tried searching for information on .m2v file formats, but I can't find hardly anything. I don't know why that is.

Thanks for your help!

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Rendering and Burning to DVD Issues
on Jan 22, 2010 at 3:44:36 pm

If your computer is a Mac, you can use iDVD. If your computer is a PC, I wouldn't know...Windows Movie Maker?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Steve Roberts
on Jan 22, 2010 at 8:36:35 pm

Did you Google "MOV to MPEG-2" "windows", or "MOV to DVD" "Windows" ... you get the idea ....

Return to posts index

Jeff Price
on Jan 25, 2010 at 4:09:54 pm

The MPEG-2 DVD NTSC format I already had was actually good. My issue was I was burning it straight to the DVD without using a DVD authoring program. Why must this stuff be so complicated? haha

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jan 25, 2010 at 7:22:19 pm

[Jeff Price] "Why must this stuff be so complicated?"

Read Dave's post in this thread for a good explanation.

Basically because working in a program like AE is not intended for the average user. This is professional-level stuff. To us, the idea of using a DVD authoring program to make a DVD is not "complicated" it's "the basics." Speaking of the basics, in my post in that thread I link to a great resource for folks who are starting in AE. Check it out.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]