ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

CS4 mac pro crashes on auto-save

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Theo VeltmanCS4 mac pro crashes on auto-save
by on Jan 22, 2010 at 4:21:10 am

Hi all,

I'm having the problem stated in this post here

I don't have auto save turned on and it happens sometimes only five minutes after I start AFX. I've tried changing the setting but with no luck. I've moved the project locally, I've reinstalled AFX several times with removing preferences and then removing any files left over etc but I can't seem to find a solution?

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: CS4 mac pro crashes on auto-save
by on Jan 22, 2010 at 6:16:04 am

Have you updated to After Effects CS4 (9.0.2)?

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Theo VeltmanRe: CS4 mac pro crashes on auto-save
by on Jan 24, 2010 at 1:51:36 am

Yes that's the first thing I'm doing once I've done a reinstall. I think I've managed to trace the problem back to the secondary monitor output. I'm using a second monitor for previewing and I've noticed that the second monitor looses the video feed just before After Effects crashes. I can maybe perform one or two more actions but then it locks up with auto save. I've done some testing and this seems to happen when I have the "Interactions" box ticked in the preferences panel but is fine with the Previews & Renders boxes only ticked. My best guess would be it has something to do with compatibility with my graphics card maybe which causes After Effects to break and shutdown and when it does this it gets stuck executing one of those ***_1 saves it does? I'm running a 4870 on an octo-core mac If that helps trouble shoot this?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved