ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Upgrade AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesmine NgUpgrade AE
by on Jan 22, 2010 at 4:07:54 am

Hi! I'm using AE 6.5 currently. And i would like to upgrade to CS4, but i'm wondering will it be any technical problem if directly purchase upgrade version & upgrade DIRECTLY from 6.5? Thank you.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Upgrade AE
by on Jan 22, 2010 at 3:40:29 pm

As far as I know, as long as your operating system and computer hardware can handle AE CS4, you should have no technical issues with installing the new version.
If you have questions about upgrade pricing from 6.5 to CS4, you'll have to talk to Adobe.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Upgrade AE
by on Jan 22, 2010 at 4:12:20 pm

Michael's absolutely right about the hardware-operating system deal.

You need to go to the Adobe web site and look at the AE System Requirements. Do it before you even consider the upgrade. If your computer was brand-new when you installed AE 6.5, you could be dead-ended, and you'll face a lot of other choices before you can upgrade.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael ColemanRe: Upgrade AE
by on Jan 22, 2010 at 4:58:45 pm

Adobe usually provides an upgrade path for 3 full versions back. So, your After Effects 6.5 software still entitles you to upgrade pricing. See this page for more info:

If you're on the mac, After Effects CS4 requires a intel-based mac. That's the biggest technical change since After Effects 6.5.

Michael Coleman
Product Manager, Adobe After Effects

Return to posts index

Scott RobertsRe: Upgrade AE
by on Jan 23, 2010 at 6:01:52 am

Make sure your system is an Intel Mac if you're on a Mac.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved