ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

3D Text

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
zol ganbold3D Text
by on Jan 22, 2010 at 4:06:40 am

hey guys, i am trying to create a 3D Text, i could use something like Pro Animator or any other 3D apps but i want to make it happen for some reason just in AE with the traditional method wich is with bunch of duplicates and
what i want to do is apply a single texture for every duplicates of my text layer using track matte function, problem is i cant see my texture after duplicating my original text layer, i tried with stacking order and bunch of other things and nothingĀ“s helping
is there any trick or is it impossible?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: 3D Text
by on Jan 22, 2010 at 3:38:13 pm

Why not precompose your text and texture? Then instead of having to make changes on all the duplicates, you just have to change the precomp.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

David FranklinRe: 3D Text
by on Jan 22, 2010 at 4:31:27 pm

You won't see your texture on the "side" of the fake 3D text because by duplicating a bunch of 1 pixel deep copies to create "depth," you don't actually have a real surface there. To the software, it's just a bunch of edges. But the suggestion to precompose your text with a texture for the front should work just fine.
Made With Care In Brooklyn, NY

Return to posts index

zol ganboldRe: 3D Text
by on Feb 4, 2010 at 8:51:58 am

thank you, guys
sometimes you forget so simple things when you are under pressure

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved