ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

is there any one in this world "good" in after effects???

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
usama kamilis there any one in this world "good" in after effects???
by on Jan 21, 2010 at 7:14:59 pm

HI

i was looking for designers for part time .. to do ae ready templates for me .. i offered 2000$ per month for part time job ..i am also ready to buy separate projects.. i posted this job in odesk , elance and creativecow .. i get more than 500 email .. but NO ONE was good .. all of them are beginners with no skills at all .. the main problem is that they dont know they are not good .. and they think they are the best .. so i am asking am i offering small amount ?.. do i need to increase the salary or i should post in other places ?? and where are these places please..?

my site : be4effects.com

Return to posts index

Adam McEwenRe: is there any one in this world "good" in after effects???
by on Jan 21, 2010 at 8:04:13 pm

500 responses and not one was decent... wow, you were either seriously unlucky or you are one tough guy to please! My hope is the latter and would like to put myself in the firing line. Can I get your opinion on my reel. I dont think im any AE master yet but would simply like to see how i stack up against what you have seen.

http://www.atmcewen.co.uk

Thankyou

Return to posts index

usama kamilRe: is there any one in this world "good" in after effects???
by on Jan 21, 2010 at 8:20:24 pm

Thanks Adam .. i think i was seriously unlucky .. your showreel is nice and you have very good skills in after effects .. i am looking for more than month now .. i hope i could find someone.. to be honest i need 10 designers .. but i dont think i will find them ..

Return to posts index

scott novasicRe: is there any one in this world "good" in after effects???
by on Jan 21, 2010 at 11:24:44 pm

Hi Usama, I am one of the "Leaders" on this forum and a multiple Emmy Award winning animator and visual effects artist. Ive also won numerous Gold and Silver ProMax awards (national) my reel has been one of the best rated here on the Cow.

I own and run SuperNova.... Check out MY work and see if its 'good' enough. I happen to have an opening now...

Scott Novasic

scottnovasic@mac.com

or my website which is straight and to the point

http://web.mac.com/finaleffects/SuperNova_Animation_%26_Visual_Effects/Supe...

SuperNova
Animation & Visual Effects
Scott Novasic
Los Angeles Ca
web:http://web.mac.com/finaleffects

Return to posts index

Gary HazenRe: is there any one in this world "good" in after effects???
by on Jan 22, 2010 at 9:54:36 am

Here are a few reasons your having a tough go of this:
- The good motion designers are too busy working to respond to your inquiry.
- The job has very little appeal. Churn out a bunch of templates. Yuk.
- Your expectations are unclear. How many templates per month do you expect from the designer.
- Because of the cheap cost of the software and a wealth of tutorials the planet now has far too many self proclaimed motion designers. ""Hey look at this tutorial I did! I got mad skillz"!" Honestly, I thought the 500 replies number was low.
- Some designers might have issues with the undermining their own industry. Why should companies hire a designer when you can just go download a template?

There are a ton of free AE projects and tutes out there. I'm not sure a business model based on selling AE projects can sustain itself. I could be wrong.

just my opinion.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]