ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

sound workflow advice...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darren Rooney
sound workflow advice...
on Jan 21, 2010 at 2:47:03 pm

Hi Guys,

I've been making videos lately that have a combination of AE animations, chroma key footage and screen casts. I have used AE to make a composition of the different parts.

The sound volume from the different components never matches, having looked at the boards here I see AE is not what I should be using to edit sound. I have soundbooth, and it does a good job of matching the volume. What do you guys think is a good workflow for putting sound and video together?

Should I render the audio separately out of AE, adjust in soundbooth and then bring the new track into AE again? Any help would be appreciated, I'm relatively new to AE and SB so I don't want to fall into bad workflow!

Thanks,
Darren

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: sound workflow advice...
on Jan 21, 2010 at 7:57:20 pm

[Darren Rooney] "I have soundbooth, and it does a good job of matching the volume. What do you guys think is a good workflow for putting sound and video together?

Should I render the audio separately out of AE, adjust in soundbooth and then bring the new track into AE again? Any help would be appreciated, I'm relatively new to AE and SB so I don't want to fall into bad workflow!
"

You use each tool as it is intended and then you pull all of the individual components back into a video editor to marry them, sync them, and make trims. You should create all of the individual items with some handles to make trimming easier.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]