ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Hold keyframes not working properly on Audio Levels

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Coolidge
Hold keyframes not working properly on Audio Levels
on Jan 21, 2010 at 5:57:43 am

I'm using AE CS3. Has anyone else noticed that Hold keyframes don't appear to behave properly when used on the "Audio Levels" property of a layer with audio? The workaround is easy, but I wasn't sure if this was a known bug or not. Even though all visual indicators suggest that it is working properly (numerical value only changes once you reach the next Hold keyframe), running a preview proves that the Audio Level value is not holding but is changing over time as if ordinary Linear keyframes were being used. Maybe it's just a glitch with the preview. I didn't try to actually render out to see if the problem showed up in an actual rendering as well.

Return to posts index

Dave Johnson
Re: Hold keyframes not working properly on Audio Levels
on Jan 21, 2010 at 1:23:18 pm

I haven;t run into that issue since I do most audio work outside of AE and this may be the workaround you already found, but just in case, I've found it better to adjust audio levels and other audio properties using AE's built-in audio plugins, rather than the timeline properties.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 21, 2010 at 3:38:01 pm

I presume you're aware you should never use compressed audio in AE, only aiffs or wavs.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Eliezer Cisner
on Jan 16, 2012 at 1:57:15 am

At least I am not aware. Why not?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]