ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

32 bpc output issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Conjerti32 bpc output issue
by on Jan 20, 2010 at 7:26:54 pm

I'm using the Glow effect in 32 bpc on a piece of footage in SD. I've looked around and the only file format I can export to in order to keep the 32 bpc effect is Photoshop image sequence. Just curious as to how I can take that into Final Cut or is there another way to export a 32 bpc project?

Thanks in advance,
Frank Conjerti

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: 32 bpc output issue
by on Jan 20, 2010 at 8:13:31 pm

Very, very few output formats preserve all 32 bits per channel. OpenEXR is one.

Just to be clear, though, you don't need to output to 32bpc to get the advantages of working with 32bpc color within After Effects. I don't know Final Cut Pro well, but I'd be surprised if there was any reason to try to get all 32 bits per channel from After Effects into FCP.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Frank ConjertiRe: 32 bpc output issue
by on Jan 20, 2010 at 8:22:32 pm

Ok, I guess my issue is that I'm losing the look of the Glow effect in 32bpc when I render.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: 32 bpc output issue
by on Jan 20, 2010 at 9:59:16 pm

That's the problem with 32 bpc -- how do you play the stupid stuff back in something other than AE? It's like buying a big truck weighing 6 tons... but all the bridges you drive over have a load limit of 4 tons.

That's why I never use it. It's nice that it's there, but try bringing it into an NLE.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved