ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Magazines

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ed Blackford
Magazines
on Jan 20, 2010 at 2:55:35 am

Does anyone know of any good magazines in the motion graphics industry that might include interviews, tutorials, inspiration, a dvd, and the latest in trends?

Return to posts index

Joey Foreman
Re: Magazines
on Jan 20, 2010 at 7:59:44 am

Creative Cow, maybe?

I love magazines too but it looks like they might be going bye bye. Interwebs and all.

But seriously, CC's rag is pretty good good and i look forward to getting it in the snail mail.

I haven't received a DV in the mail in a while but they had some good features. Wonder if they're still around...?

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jan 20, 2010 at 3:18:01 pm

Print isn't really the medium of choice for motion graphics magazines. The Creative COW magazine is the only print magazine that I get these days.

My favorite non-print "magazine" in this area is Stash. You get a DVD with a collection of pieces (commercials, music videos, etc.) with information about who made them and how.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 20, 2010 at 3:45:08 pm

I'd like to know how people who publish web-only magazines expect you to read them in the bathroom. That's where I keep my Newsweeks.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jan 20, 2010 at 5:53:16 pm

[Dave LaRonde] "I'd like to know how people who publish web-only magazines expect you to read them in the bathroom."
With your new Apple Tablet, of course!

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 20, 2010 at 11:01:56 pm

[Michael Szalapski] "...Apple Tablet, of course! "

Apple Tablet, Apple Schmablet. And correspondingly, Kindle, Schmindle. Give me paper.

Regards from the Luddite,
Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dave Johnson
on Jan 20, 2010 at 6:41:31 pm

I'm not sure any of them are considered "magazines", but I also like http://xplsv.tv, http://www.motionographer.com & http://www.motionworks.com.au

I find online resources invaluable but, for the most part, I'm with you, Dave ... I tend to get most of my reading done when I either can't or don't want to lug a laptop around and ... sitting in lobbies waiting for appointments, on occasional visits to the the beach/pool, in restaurants, etc.

Maybe its just an old-dog-new-tricks thing, but for me, its much easier to stick a few mags in my bag than it is to carry a laptop everywhere I go so I actually miss printed mags and even newspapers.

I understand that cost-savings is a very potent business driver, although some would argue whether its really any cheaper to build, administrate and maintain websites, but its still hard to figure why the choice has to be one or the other instead of both, which is probably why the COW chooses both ... at least for now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]