Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

After Effects better on PC or MAC?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
piff aroniAfter Effects better on PC or MAC?
by on Jan 18, 2010 at 10:35:29 am

Are there any test I can run for After Effects on a PC and MAC? I am trying to figure out, which gets better performance. Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Erik WaluskaRe: After Effects better on PC or MAC?
by on Jan 18, 2010 at 3:52:01 pm

Search "PC and MAC" in the forums and in Google. There are already plenty of discussions out there on this subject.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Todd KoprivaRe: After Effects better on PC or MAC?
by on Jan 18, 2010 at 5:12:26 pm

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/968375

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve RobertsRe: After Effects better on PC or MAC?
by on Jan 18, 2010 at 5:22:03 pm

I've used AE on both platforms, and the user experience was identical to me, except for the cmd/ctrl key thing.

AE is very processor-dependent. On a faster machine, AE runs faster.
Drive speed is relevant when accessing frames, but as the composition gets more complex, drive speed's role in the speed equation is reduced.
OpenGL performance is irrelevant. It's not good on both platforms, so most people switch it off.
Nit-picking system configs for speed gains is just that to me: nit-picking.

AE is not the reason to pick one platform over another. If you want a specific 3D app or video editing app or you're really used to one operating system, then those are good reasons to pick one platform over another.

Personally, I now use macs because for me, I'm faster using them outside of AE.
Inside AE, it's all the same to me.
That's just my opinion -- you may be faster on Windows outside of AE, and that's cool.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jimmy BrungerRe: After Effects better on PC or MAC?
by on Jan 19, 2010 at 9:22:12 am

I think one way to look at it could be - if you're budget is tight and you only use Adobe products then maybe a DIY PC tower is your best bet.

If you need to use FCP or Color/Motion, etc - then buy a Mac.

If you want maximum performance and have a good budget and like Windows, but ability to upgrade processors, etc later on *cheaply* then buy a PC.

If you have a healthy budget and want maximum flexibility - buy a Mac and a copy of Windows to run on it aswell.

EASY!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 19, 2010 at 3:40:38 pm

Yeah ... it's become less "my platform vs. your platform" and more "different horses for different courses".

At least among us pros, anyway. ;-)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

david bogieRe: After Effects better on PC or MAC?
by on Jan 19, 2010 at 4:18:38 pm

Reviewing piff's history of iquiries on apple.com, I suggest you all stick to your deeply held, totally unreasonable personal convictions and to avoid attempting to use objective criteria in your answers.

bogiesan

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 19, 2010 at 5:39:08 pm

Oh yeah?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 19, 2010 at 5:42:50 pm

Ah, yes ... "contretemps". Thanks for the laugh, man. :-)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESJOBSNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2015 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]