ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rotating around Footage ?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher RotterRotating around Footage ?
by on Jan 18, 2010 at 5:33:23 am

Can you rotate around with footage as though you are controlling the camera that took the shot. I need about 60 degree rotating.

Return to posts index

Jimmy BrungerRe: Rotating around Footage ?
by on Jan 18, 2010 at 10:03:39 am

You can rotate the video clip as if it were a 2D 'card' or flat plain, but if you wanted some realistic rotation you would need to roto and separate some of the different elements in the shot, then move them forward/backwards in Z-space, so that the parallax is correct. You would no doubt then need to paint in some of the background to fill the holes left around you foreground objects. Not a quick job, but quite achievable if it's only a small camera rotation.

Your best bet is to have a play with MochaAE for tracking/roto of your footage and then look in the podcasts/tutorials here on the Cow for ways to create the depth. Andrew Kramer did something with an Egyptian still landscape, although it's the same basic principle. Also, there is a stereoscopic workflow video from someone who extracted depth from Nosferatu on the Imagineer website that might be useful to you.

Be patient!

Return to posts index

Christopher RotterRe: Rotating around Footage ?
by on Jan 18, 2010 at 2:02:07 pm

How small of rotations could I do ? What about 60 degree ?

Return to posts index

Jimmy BrungerRe: Rotating around Footage ?
by on Jan 18, 2010 at 3:32:56 pm

Why don't you try it? Cut out elements of one frame of it that best represents the shot - pull out the depth that matches the shot, then rotate. See how it looks!

Return to posts index

Christopher RotterRe: Rotating around Footage ?
by on Jan 19, 2010 at 12:17:50 am

I suppose, you are right. Thank you :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]