ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

New AE/Premiere CS4 Widescreen Ratios

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Karim Daire
New AE/Premiere CS4 Widescreen Ratios
on Jan 17, 2010 at 3:34:09 pm

Does anyone have an explanation on why the widescreen square Pixels Ratio was changed from CS3 to CS4 from 1024 pixels width to 1046?

I mean, every program I know uses 1024 pixels for PAL widescreen comps, so if I import the stuff to e.g. Avid or Final Cut I have to distort the clip to fit an anamorph comp.

I fail to understand why 2009 needed Adobe to change ratios which were used for years by most video and animation programs?

Karim

-Karim-

Return to posts index

Gary Hazen
Re: New AE/Premiere CS4 Widescreen Ratios
on Jan 17, 2010 at 3:54:01 pm

The short answer is, for years the numbers have been wrong (due to rounding off) and Adobe finally decided to correct the numbers.

For the long answer read this:
http://provideocoalition.com/index.php/cmg_keyframes/story/par_for_the_cour...

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: New AE/Premiere CS4 Widescreen Ratios
on Jan 17, 2010 at 5:08:04 pm

There's a terse explanation here.

Also, see this post for news that Apple has also made these corrections in Final Cut Pro 7.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]