ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Turn stars into text in the sky...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eliot GurrinTurn stars into text in the sky...
by on Jan 15, 2010 at 11:28:34 pm

Hello all,

I've been tasked to make a title sequence that involves stars from the night sky moving from their resting positions and merging to form the talent's names. A little like the "text to dust' tutorial (with Trapcode's Form), but with stars and played in reverse. Imagine After Effect's "Shatter" effect applied to some text, only instead of it exploding into bricks or glass, it separates into stars (like the 'star' particles from Trapcode's Particular) that float through up and out before coming to rest in the night sky.

I can't seem to find a plugin that can achieve the look I want, and the "text to dust" look isn't quite right. Does anybody have any suggestions? I'm kind of slammed with work at the moment so any fellow designers who can point me in the right direction would be a massive help!

Thanks guys.

Happy keyframing,

Return to posts index

david bogieRe: Turn stars into text in the sky...
by on Jan 18, 2010 at 2:29:55 am

the problem with questions like this is the "look" you're seeking. We have no idea what that means.
A simple time-reverse Shatter precomp will do what you want. So might Card Dance. But you have experience with Trapcode I do not share so I cannot help you with that plugin.

You can't get enough individual stars to form glyphs so you've got to add a transition to text someplace in the timeline.

Return to posts index

Sonja GeracsekRe: Turn stars into text in the sky...
by on Sep 18, 2012 at 9:33:43 am

For people still looking for a solution to this problem I might have found an answer in this Trapcode FAQ post:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved