ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Motion blur question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carl EndresMotion blur question
by on Jan 15, 2010 at 7:41:41 pm

Often times I will precompose an animation which may consist of certain layers that require motion blur. But often times I import that precompostion, into another compostion, that may require me to do time remaping. When I do that, I have only 1 layer that shows in the master comp. My question is, should I be checking the motion blur box setting in that comp in addition to having the appropriate layers checked in the precomp?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Motion blur question
by on Jan 15, 2010 at 7:50:11 pm

My question is, why don't you just set up a simplified test project, play around with those switches, and find out what happens?

If it takes more than 5 minutes, you need to go back to AE school.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Carl EndresRe: Motion blur question
by on Jan 15, 2010 at 8:54:33 pm

I just asked a simple question Dave, I think your answer was inappropriate and rude. Maybe there are rendering issues that could come into play, perhaps other issues, I don't know. That is why I asked the question. I occasionaly turn to this forum for the expert advice it usually gives, if you don't want to help people, than why on earth are you a moderator here?

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: Motion blur question
by on Jan 15, 2010 at 10:53:49 pm

Carl, Dave might be a little cranky today but if you browse this forum you'll see his posts all over the place so he obviously gives a lot of his time and experience to helping other people with AE. I think what he meant to say was that if you can find the answer to something quickly and easily on your own then maybe you could try to do that first before posting it on the forum.

To answer your question, motion blur only needs to be turned on in the comp and the layer where the motion is happening and it will normally carry through to your main comp without having to also enable the motion blur switch on the pre-comp layer inside of the main comp.

Turning the motion blur on for the pre-comp itself is only necessary if you are animating the pre-comp layer inside of your main comp and you want it to have motion blur as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved