ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Motion Tracking to Simulate Face detection.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ste BeedMotion Tracking to Simulate Face detection.
by on Jan 15, 2010 at 5:01:03 pm

this may have been asked before... I have scanned the Forums for a similar problem but not found quite what i need, sorry if it has.

I am trying to Simulate a Futuristic Face detection Program fitted to a CCTV camera.

I am working With multiple static shots of streets and train stations with pedestrians moving about in them. So far i have Motion-tracked peoples faces within the shot and applied boxes and some filter effects to give the impression that the camera is scanning their faces.

My next shot is quite a wide one and i would like to zoom in and out to different peoples faces as they are scanned and tracked across the shot, i have tried using a camera and applying the motion tracking points in multiple ways with no luck.

Not sure how clear that is, if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Cheers Ste

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Motion Tracking to Simulate Face detection.
by on Jan 15, 2010 at 5:23:04 pm

[Ste Beed] "...My next shot is quite a wide one and i would like to zoom in and out to different peoples faces as they are scanned and tracked across the shot..."

Are you asking about this because you're in the process of planning the shot...
or are you asking about this because the shot is already in the can, and you now need to know how to pull it off?

You see, there are two very different -- and VERY wordy -- answers to your question, and so for efficiency's sake I request a clarification.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Stephen BeedRe: Motion Tracking to Simulate Face detection.
by on Jan 15, 2010 at 5:31:47 pm

Ah sorry i didn't make that clear... i have already filmed all of my shots and they are all static.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 15, 2010 at 5:47:11 pm

[Stephen Beed] "...i have already filmed all of my shots and they are all static...."

And by that, you mean precisely WHAT? It's a frame of film you're working with? A frame of video? A still image from a camera? What kind of resolution.

C'mon, toss us a bone here, willya?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

by on Jan 15, 2010 at 5:57:00 pm

sorry, by Static i was meaning that the camera does not move, the shots are around 5mins in length, 1080p at 30fps

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Motion Tracking to Simulate Face detection.
by on Jan 15, 2010 at 5:35:07 pm

They said, "I am currently working with static shots of people moving."
so, from the sound of it we're wanting to zoom in to faces in a wide shot.
This sounds like a job for the CSI "Enhance" command!
As far as how to zoom in to faces you could place a null where a person's face is, parent the footage to the null and scale the null. But geez; it's not going to look good.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 15, 2010 at 5:40:24 pm

[Michael Szalapski] "They said, "I am currently working with static shots of people moving."
so, from the sound of it we're wanting to zoom in to faces in a wide shot. "

True, but there's a big difference between setting the ol' DSLR to shoot 640x480 stills, and setting it for 4000x3000 stills. I guess that was my point.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

by on Jan 15, 2010 at 5:49:34 pm

cheers, i will try that, the shots are 1080p and I'm going for a kind of glitchy effect so i dont mind the drop in quality.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 15, 2010 at 10:59:34 pm

If you're scaling up faces off a wide shot -- even 1080p -- they're not going to just "glitchy", they're going to be "unrecognizable as faces".

However, if it's possible to deliver the work in standard definition, you can likely pull this off without too much trouble. Going to the internet and nothing else? You're in.

Going to HD? You'll probably want to invest in the Instant HD plugin from Red Giant software to spruce up the scaled-up footage you'll have. I'm pretty sure there's a tryout version.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]