ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

previews/renders

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Ferranpreviews/renders
by on Jan 15, 2010 at 3:51:34 pm

Hey, I have a question regarding my previewing. When I'm at work, I can grab an element and drag it around the screen and see where its going as I drag it. But when I'm at home (with double the RAM btw) and I click and hold and then drag an element I have to let go before I see the changes, its extremely annoying when I'm trying to match stuff up and I have to let go first, it also doesn't update when I scrub a Transform option on the timeline either, example, I bring up Opacity and drag it from 100% to 50%. I don't see this change happen until I let go of the mouse, at my work computer, I can scrub and the element changes as I scrub. Driving me crazy, working in AE all day at work then go home and work in AE for freelance and my workflow is totally changed, any help would be GREATLY appreciated, thanks!

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Dave LaRondeRe: previews/renders
by on Jan 15, 2010 at 3:55:30 pm

Ah, an issue from AE 101! You need to read up on Live Update. Here's your reading assignment:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffects/9.0/WSAF696587-2D81-42e2-B248-4C5C...

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Charles FerranRe: previews/renders
by on Jan 15, 2010 at 4:13:51 pm

Haha, Derp! I can create 3D cities with dozens of lights and effects but I couldn't figure this out, and my answer was so simple, blonde moment! or should I say month or two since that's how long I've been dealing with it! thank you sir!

Return to posts index

by on Jan 15, 2010 at 4:28:40 pm

[Charles Ferran] "...I can create 3D cities with dozens of lights and effects but I couldn't figure this out.."

I guess one hand washes the other, then.

I would have NO CLUE what to do in a 3D application -- we have a 3D animator for that -- but I am familiar with the the AE basics. Some time when I need a city, beware!

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

by on Jan 15, 2010 at 4:43:23 pm

;)

Return to posts index

by on Jan 15, 2010 at 4:48:37 pm

Can you make the buildings look a little more Frank Lloyd Wright-ish? :-)

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

by on Jan 15, 2010 at 4:54:23 pm

:) I'll get right on it...

Return to posts index

by on Jan 15, 2010 at 4:18:39 pm

thanks also for the related post, I'm getting really good at the motion graphics end, now I need to get good at the hardware end, thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]