ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Render Problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew RobsonRender Problem
by on Jan 13, 2010 at 7:41:56 pm

Hi there I'm new to after effects and am having some problems with a render.

Basically I'm doing a satellite image zoom, that pans left to right across a city. The problem is that at 6 seconds into the render a black bar area appears on the image, as if the source imagery had a large chunk missing.

The shot is made up of two very large images (17 thousand by 8 thousand) with left side parented to the right so that I can animate using keyframes.

Strangely, on the ram preview this bar does not appear. However on the finished output it does appear.

My first thought was that it was where the join of the two pictures was, but this turns out not to be the case. It is near the join (a thousand pixels away) but not on the join.

Is this some kind of mask perhaps that I accidently added? I can't see where if so...

I have uploaded the video output to Vimeo for expert diagnosis:

Really appreciate feedback, I'm learning the AE ropes but it's a little eccentric to my noobie mind!

Many thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Render Problem
by on Jan 13, 2010 at 9:52:33 pm

Got Open GL enabled for rendering? Turn it off and leave it off.

This is characteristic of the kinds of weirdness people encounter with Open GL, especially if the RAM preview looked good.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

scott novasicRe: Render Problem
by on Jan 13, 2010 at 10:52:46 pm

open gl is a good guess. Are these segmented at all? if so, one may be on a 3d layer accidentally set at a different height...

Animation & Visual Effects
Scott Novasic
Los Angeles Ca

Return to posts index

Matthew RobsonRe: Render Problem
by on Jan 14, 2010 at 10:53:33 am

Open GL is off (the graphics card on my friends G5 isn't good enough for CS3 to use openGL.

As for being segmented, two images make up the project, with two layers, the left parented to the right. The are flat, and as far as I am aware they are at the same 'z' value (depth?).

This is very frustrating. I tried changing the animation movement to see if there was some Gremlin that would be flushed out by slightly changing the movement, but it didn't do anything the black area is still there.

Very perplexing, still don't understand why the RAM preview is good and the render not so.

I'm going to have to downrez the source images and bring it in as one image and try again I think. :o(

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved