ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

frishchluft focus pull

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
manojit ghosefrishchluft focus pull
by on Jan 13, 2010 at 11:58:04 am

hi there,

i have a zdepth pass and using lenscare DOF.
though my map i fine and the closest point has perfect white values and the farthest point very dark gray.
however i am kind of unable to achieve perfect "in focus" areas. they have always some out of focus blur in them.
am i doing something wrong?
i simply want to animate the focus from the farthest point to the closest.
any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

thanks

MG

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: frishchluft focus pull
by on Jan 13, 2010 at 4:20:36 pm

[manojit ghose] "they have always some out of focus blur in them... i simply want to animate the focus from the farthest point to the closest. "

Um, that's precisely what happens when you animate a rack focus. When focused on the background, midground and foreground objects are blurry. As the focal plane moves to the foreground, the other two go out of focus.

Perhaps you need to re-think what you actually want to accomplish, because you can't animate a focal plane moving without the objects that are not in that focal plane going out of focus.

Right now you're telling us, "I want to animate the focus, but I don't want anything to go out of focus." That's an impossibility.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: frishchluft focus pull-- some possible help, and no preaching
by on Jan 13, 2010 at 10:19:22 pm

I'm sorry, I misread your post, and my conclusion was totally wrong. To paraphrase your problem, no matter where the plane of focus lies, the sharpest parts of the image are always a little bit out of focus.

If that's true, you may find this helpful:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/archive/index.php/t-219842.html

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]