ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE to FCP issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nayim saatiAE to FCP issue
by on Jan 13, 2010 at 3:55:01 am

hey guys so the problem im having today consist of me taking a clip from final cut, exporting it dvcprohd 72060 and then brining it into after effects to do some rotoscoping. In after effects i export it back out to a quicktime with the compression settings to dvcprohd 72060. when i bring the clip back into FCP the clip reads the frame rate as 23.98???? the clip is usually half the size and cuts off a majority of my work. it plays fine in quicktime but everytime when i bring it into my project i get the same problem. any ideas?? ill post it in the AE forums as well...

- thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: AE to FCP issue
by on Jan 13, 2010 at 4:30:18 pm

You have told us almost nothing that we can use for an accurate diagnosis of the problem. So based on what I know, here is my advice:

You will have to check every single setting and every single step in your workflow to isolate the problem, from capturing the footage, frame rates, H&V resolution, editing, export from FCP, codecs used, footage interpretation in AE, your comp's H&V resolution, Render Queue settings (you didn't use the Render Queue? Shame!), every comp setting, and evry setting you may have changed from AE defaults.

Have fun. You MIGHT find your answer. If not do it again, because we won't be able to give you an answer.

Oh, wait -- perhaps you stumble across someone in this forum who possesses a crystal ball or who is a recent graduate from the Amazing Kreskin Institute of Clairvoyance.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: AE to FCP issue
by on Jan 13, 2010 at 4:55:53 pm

since you say it looks fine in quicktime, i have to assume that there is a problem importing it into fcp...

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

David DobsonRe: AE to FCP issue
by on Jan 13, 2010 at 9:26:54 pm

Make sure the FCP sequence settings frame rate matches your source footage frame rate.
Make sure the frame rate of the AE Comp and the AE Export are identical to your FCP sequence settings.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved