ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Replace a texture map on an rpf sequence with uv coordinates information embedded..

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nic Cross
Replace a texture map on an rpf sequence with uv coordinates information embedded..
on Jan 13, 2010 at 1:24:51 am

I would like to know if anyone knows in which way i can replace a texture map on an rpf sequence in after effects that has uv coordinates information embedded.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Wieger de Leur
Re: Replace a texture map on an rpf sequence with uv coordinates information embedded..
on Jan 13, 2010 at 8:08:00 am

Hi Nic,

I always use material- or object ID's to replace textures. I'm not sure how to use UV-coordinates.

This is how it works with ID's:
In AE you start with dragging the rpf-sequence to the new-comp button.
In the new comp you select the rpf-layer and use the keyframe assistant 'RPF-camera import'. This creates a camera layer that has all the camera moves (don't convert the rpf-layer into a 3d layer!)

Next you duplicate the rpf-layer and change its name into id-matte. Apply the effect ID Matte. In this effect you can select either a material or object ID you used in your 3d scene. It changes the alpha channel of the layer; in places where the ID is present, the layer is opaque.

Then it is time to set up the new texture. Drag the footage/texture you want to use into the comp; put it under the id-matte layer . For this layer you do switch on 3d.
Set the track-matte for this texture layer to Alpha matte.

So now your texture layer moves with the 3d camera and is only visible in the places it should be.
The last thing is to position it in the right place. You have to move and rotate the layer to the same spot the object was in, in the 3d scene. This can be hard, because your 3d scene might have used feet or meters or other units and in AE everything is in pixels. If you don't have access to the original 3d scene, it helps to set up some solids as placeholders in the comp.

Hope this helps! Good luck.
Cheers,
Wieger

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]