ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE alpha FLV export, black colors shakey

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Janine Feeney
AE alpha FLV export, black colors shakey
on Jan 12, 2010 at 5:58:12 pm

Hi, trying to figure out why the black colors (like in a business suit), look shakey or noisy on some monitors. I am exporting as alpha channel FLV in AE CS4, and i'm using effects such as curves, keylight, unsharp mask, color balance, matte choker and smart blur.

It only seems to look shakey or " not all there" on the black colors on a regular monitor...

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Adrian Jans
Re: AE alpha FLV export, black colors shakey
on Jan 12, 2010 at 6:42:20 pm

Hmm... I ran into a similar problems to this myself, only difference is I did the the keying on FCP (but still with Keylight) instead of AE, but that shouldn't make too big of a difference.

Make sure you have screen replace set to "Source" or if that brings in too much green, "Hard Colour"
If your still having issues, something that I did once was to use the color corrector to make the blacks extra dark so it made for a more uniform key. Be careful with your balance though, and that increasing the blacks doesn't effect other parts of your subject negatively.

Hope I could help.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: AE alpha FLV export, black colors shakey
on Jan 12, 2010 at 7:38:36 pm

It could very well be that you can't pull a good-looking chroma key because the footage won't let you. Keylight tends to put noise in the key subject when you push it too hard. Read this:

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/931091#931104

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]