ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Video Quality

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ramon MontesVideo Quality
by on Jan 12, 2010 at 2:42:26 pm

I have two questions:

What I use: PC Laptop and Adobe After Effects
Since I don't have a mac, I use Pinnacle Studio 12 to download the video from my camera to my laptop.

1. I usually choose AVI when I download the video from Pinnacle Studio because the quality is better than MOV. Is there a reason this is happening? Everyone tells me MOV is better.

2. After I'm done making my edits using After Effects, I download the film in AVI format (Same reason as above) but the quality is bad. However, when I upload the file into Youtube the quality of the film improves dramatically. What am I doing wrong? Why is the quality better in Youtube and not in the original file?

Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Steve RobertsRe: Video Quality
by on Jan 12, 2010 at 8:21:11 pm

Saying that MOV is better than AVI is like saying that Mercedes is better than Audi. Which Mercedes? Which Audi? Or something like that.

1. I don't know why your setup gives you better AVIs rather than MOVs. This would be a Pinnacle question because Pinnacle is choosing how it makes the MOVs and AVIs.

2. If the YouTube version is better, than I'd say that the playback method of the original file is suspect.

Anyway, I think you should ask in a Pinnacle forum how to get the best quality video out of your camera, since you expect to process it later and don't want Pinnacle to degrade the video.

Return to posts index

Ramon MontesRe: Video Quality
by on Jan 13, 2010 at 7:29:03 pm

Thanks Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved