ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

3D text issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Johnson3D text issue
by on Jan 11, 2010 at 8:06:03 pm

Hey guys! I am fairly new to AE and I have watched tons of tutorials, and have the basics figured out. I tried searching, but nothing really came up.

My issue:
I am working on a basic 3D text movement project. I start with a line of text then create a null object, and move the position of the text left or right. I have a particle layer as well. The problem is that when I set the keyframes for the position of null object, when time cursor passes the keyframe, the particles jump back to their original position. I want them to stay where they are at the second keyframe. IS there something that I am missing? Hope that made sense. I can clarify more if I need to.

Steven

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: 3D text issue
by on Jan 11, 2010 at 8:30:45 pm

What particle effect are you using? What is the layer structure like? What's parented to what? Why is there a null object? What/how are you animatinf things?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Steven JohnsonRe: 3D text issue
by on Jan 12, 2010 at 1:34:18 am

What particle effect are you using? What is the layer structure like? What's parented to what? Why is there a null object? What/how are you animatinf things?

I am using particle world. layer- null, camera, particle, text. Camera is parented to null. I used null object because that was the way I was taught to move from one postion to another. I am animating text sliding off the screen to another line of text in 3D. I am keyframing the position of the null.

If you have a better way of doing a 3D way of moving from one like of text to another, I would love to be enlightened.

Thanks

Steven

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: 3D text issue
by on Jan 13, 2010 at 5:18:30 pm

When you say the particles are jumping back, what do you mean?
It sounds like you're saying that as you move through the timeline everything looks okay until you hit the second position keyframe on the null object and then the particles jump to a different position. Since all you're animating is the null object, the particles can't move back anywhere because they haven't moved, it's just the camera that's moved.
Is your project any different from the one I'm attaching?
476_particleworldtest.aep.zip
(AE CS4 required)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]