ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

iClone and AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven J CaseyiClone and AE
by on Jan 8, 2010 at 10:19:39 pm

I was poking around on the Digital Juice site and they have a Reallusion package deal that looks kind of fun to check out. Has anyone tried incorporating any of the iClone4 stuff into an AE project? My google search found some comments from folks having some issue with the file types generated by iClone. If you've used the software did you like it?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: iClone and AE
by on Jan 8, 2010 at 10:27:50 pm

I don't know about those Digital Juice guys. They now tend to force you to use their proprietary software if you want to use their newer animations, sound efx, etc. I don't like it.

So I tend to ignore any of their proprietary developments. I have a hard enough time keeping up with AE, much less some other AE wannabe.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Steven J CaseyRe: iClone and AE
by on Jan 8, 2010 at 10:42:59 pm

I agree about most of their products and their "juicer" software, which is kind of annoying for the most part. iClone is in their "partner products" section, meaning it's not actually theirs. Reallusion is the developer and, honestly, it looks a little cheesy, well, in some examples a lot cheesy. BUT, that said, I was thinking it might be good for pre-viz and the occasional odd project. Then again if I can't mix it into some AE stuff I don't see much use for it in my work.

I do agree with you though that mostly my hands are full just trying to keep up with AE. More full than I care to think about sometimes...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved