ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE CS4 Depth of field glitch

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lewis DarbyAE CS4 Depth of field glitch
by on Jan 8, 2010 at 9:37:39 pm

I've been having a problem with the camera COF in AE CS4 for a few days now and it causing big problem with my ability to work.

Basically a strange grainy/pixelated strip appears across my composition when I turn on the DOF. It is happening in every single project I have, even if I just set up a simple project that has only one 3D solid layer and a camera. It is there in the preview and the final render. If I adjust the DOF setting it moves the strip around a bit and makes it thicker and thinner but it never goes away.

I've had a few suggestions so far including turning off open GL, reseting preferences, and getting the latest updates, but none of these have helped.

If anyone has any idea what might be causing this and an solutions it'd be much appreciated.

I've attached a screen shot, the weird strip can be seen best on the right side of the composition, it's faint but very annoying.

- Lewis

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: AE CS4 Depth of field glitch
by on Jan 8, 2010 at 11:57:43 pm

Not exactly sure what the issue is, try resetting the default values for zoom, focus distance and aperture.

Right click on the property names and choose Reset.

Return to posts index

Lewis DarbyRe: AE CS4 Depth of field glitch
by on Jan 9, 2010 at 3:26:31 pm

That's not making any difference unfortunately.

- Lewis

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved