ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Dotted line with different sized dots

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Katherine LandgrebeDotted line with different sized dots
by on Jan 8, 2010 at 11:56:05 am

Hi everybody,
I need a quick and easy as possible solution for a dotted line, which is animated. Gradational increasing sized dots simulate a flowing impulse through the "cable". See picture.
Hope anybody has an idea. I tried around with dash and stroke, but haven't found a solution yet.
Maybe something with text? Just shiftig the layer doesn't look good, so I think the point is to keep the dots' position somehow? Dunno.

Thanks in advance.

Katherine

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Dotted line with different sized dots
by on Jan 8, 2010 at 1:03:33 pm

I'd use a font that has a dot character and then use the text animation features to animate the font size.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Katherine LandgrebeRe: Dotted line with different sized dots
by on Jan 8, 2010 at 6:22:43 pm

Ah OK, that works fine. Thanks. A little tricky to understand the logic behind it, but it works. Yay.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]