ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Export from AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ninja TunbjerExport from AE
by on Jan 8, 2010 at 8:55:03 am

Hi again!
I'm trying to learn how to export my HD video from After Effects. I've got very kind help here, but still had some questions that I'll post here again to try to see if some kind soul would help me with that too! :)

The things I still don't get are:

* Probably a very stupid question, but still: I've got this tip: Don't use HDV footage that’s still in its acquisition codec.
- But how do I convert the footage to a different codec, does that mean something else than to export the final film?

* After that, I’ll try to get a different application (Adobe Media Encoder, Sorenson Squeeze and Apple's Compressor, Quicktime Pro) to do the final compression.
- Can I after then use the H.264 format, that Vimeo recomends? (In this compression I’ll do multipass encoding to improve the image quality of H.264.) Probably also sounds like a stupid question... But I'm self tought and have some parts that I still don't get as you see.

Kind regards and thank you in advance!

(This was my original question back then:, if it’s any help…:
I have edited some films in After Effects and want to export them to Quicktime format, but am a little confused about which settings to use. I film in HD quality and want to keep it as good as possible. I would like to export to a format that I can use for both DVD and sites like Vimeo. When I output the films now it takes about 15 hours for three minutes of film! And also the file size is larger than 500 MB... So I would be very happy if anyone could help me a little with this! :) I have RAM 4,00 GB ( with a processor of 2.20GHz) so maybe a can use Open GL and multiprocessing...?)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved