ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Dual Processors with Adobe After Effects CS4 - 32 bit edition

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jason reedDual Processors with Adobe After Effects CS4 - 32 bit edition
by on Jan 8, 2010 at 1:15:07 am

Just got a new computer that has 2 dual Xeon processors. I have the 32 bit version of After Effects CS4 but OS is Windows 7 64bit.

Does the 32bit version of After Effects CS4 support Dual Processors? If so, do I have to edit settings to enable it?

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcow
Todd KoprivaRe: Dual Processors with Adobe After Effects CS4 - 32 bit edition
by on Jan 8, 2010 at 4:09:13 am

Yes, you can use multiple processor cores with After Effects CS4 on a 64-bit OS. The feature is Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously multiprocessing.

You should also read this post about avoiding some common problems with that feature.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

jason reedRe: Dual Processors with Adobe After Effects CS4 - 32 bit edition
by on Jan 8, 2010 at 3:52:13 pm

I read the post but it seems as if they are referring to Adobe After Effects 64bit. I have Adobe After Effects 32bit, but OS is 64bit. It is still unclear. So does After Effects 32bit support Dual Processors?

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Dave LaRondeRe: Dual Processors with Adobe After Effects CS4 - 32 bit edition
by on Jan 8, 2010 at 10:19:42 pm

Well, since The latest version of AE is 32 bit, and it supports multiprocessing on 64-bit systems, the logical answer would be "yes".

The NEXT version of AE will be 64 bit -- not the current one.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Bruce WainerRe: Dual Processors with Adobe After Effects CS4 - 32 bit edition
by on Jan 8, 2010 at 10:20:14 pm

there is only 32 bit after effects (until CS5). After Effects launches additional copies of itself to use more processors and more RAM (up to 4GB per core/process, I believe). Just make sure you have enough RAM, the recommended minimum is 2GB per core, plus an extra 1GB or so for the OS. For you that'd add up to 5GB minimum, more for HD.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]