ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Importing mxf files into AE CS3

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kurt Wulff
Importing mxf files into AE CS3
on Jan 7, 2010 at 11:32:40 pm

Having problems importing mxf files into AE CS3 on my Mac Pro. AE freezing up. Not sure if the 8.0.2 update is helping. Anyone have any thoughts for troubleshooting?

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Importing mxf files into AE CS3
on Jan 8, 2010 at 12:48:52 am

MXF is just a container format. You'll need to tell us a lot more about what's in those MXF files.

Given that you're referring to After Effects 8.0.2, I'll guess that you're talking about some form of P2 media, which you have to import in a specific way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Kurt Wulff
on Jan 8, 2010 at 1:18:53 am

They are DVC Pro HD files 1080 60i

Return to posts index

Kurt Wulff
on Jan 8, 2010 at 1:21:46 am

If I can't import them into AE. Can I use Premiere some how? I am used to FCP and am now using CS3.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jan 8, 2010 at 1:30:52 am

Are you importing them following the instructions here?

If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Kurt Wulff
on Jan 8, 2010 at 2:45:36 am

I am importing the files as I would normally do in Premiere. Just like the instructions link you sent me.
Part of the file shows up in the project window and the program just crashes(spinning rainbow icon).

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jan 8, 2010 at 4:06:28 am

So much for the easy answers, then.

Would you please send a bug report? If you want to include examples of the files that are giving you grief, then you can send email to aebugs [at] adobe {dot} com. Or you can just fill out the bug-report form here.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]