ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

ligatures in after effects?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Kiersky
ligatures in after effects?
on Jan 7, 2010 at 7:16:55 pm

Hi all,

im animating a logo for a project, and it looks like some of the text from illustrator used ligatures for the 'fi' combination, any way to turn ligatures on in after effects?

thanks!
ak

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: ligatures in after effects?
on Jan 7, 2010 at 7:24:20 pm

Yes and no.
It depends on if you have the specific typeface and if the particular text generator you are using sees them. It's a complicated situation. Use the character palette to find the ligature you want. You shoudl be able to use the Insert Character function directly from the palette but sometimes you actually have to use the keyboard combination to get it to appear. Sometimes you have to use Illustrator to create an outline graphic of the text objects.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Aaron Kiersky
on Jan 7, 2010 at 9:06:15 pm

Good idea about the character palate, but it looks like AE7 doesn't support the insert option from there. I am just trying to use the outline version, but then I don't get the great text animation abilities. just have to upgrade to get the function I need.

Funny how ligatures have been in every other program of adobe's for quite some time now, I remember using them back in the pagemaker days.... good times...

Return to posts index

david bogie
on Jan 8, 2010 at 3:33:49 pm

[Aaron Kiersky] "Good idea about the character palate, "

My palate is geared toward espresso served as ristretto.
But the palete, or palette, if you're French, gives you access to the keys and the keyboard view gives you the mapping.

I can use most of the keyboard combination to get the more common ligatures in many fonts, they appear in Text layers.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]