ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE can't handle high audio bitrates

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rikard Lassenius
AE can't handle high audio bitrates
on Jan 7, 2010 at 9:09:18 am

hi, not really a question, just an observation that might be of some help to somebody. posted a question earlier about a problem with audio interfaces an AE but realized later that the problem is elsewhere.

on my system (MacPro, AE CS4) i have to keep the audio bitrate at 44 or 48khz to make AE happy.
for example, when i do some recording thru my audio gear, i use a lavry ad converter as the master clock. it sets everything to 192khz. when i then later work in AE, the ram previews freeze (if they include audio), and renderings hang on the last frame (it can't output the "i'm finished" sound!). setting it back to 44 or 48 khz (in the audio/midi utility) makes everything work again.

cheers,

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: AE can't handle high audio bitrates
on Jan 7, 2010 at 2:08:01 pm

[Rikard Lassenius] "...i use a lavry ad converter as the master clock. it sets everything to 192khz...."

....gawd, that's high! Yeah, you're probably right, AE can't handle it. Just like you have to convert HDV footage to a different codec, I guess I'd just start getting into the habit of converting that audio to 48 kHz. And who's going to use AE for any kind of serious audio work in the first place, right?

Maybe someone from Adobe will enlighten us on this issue.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Rikard Lassenius
on Jan 7, 2010 at 2:40:42 pm

no, AE really isn't an audio tool. but there a r e people out here who use other software and do other stuff than AE animation 24/7. for serious audio work, 16bit/44khz or 16bit/48khz is not really what you go for. you just have to switch back when you dive into AE, that was my point.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 7, 2010 at 2:45:33 pm

Oh, yes, completely understood -- AE isn't for serious audio work. It hasn't kept up with the times in audio; I doubt anything has changed in AE audio-wise in the last ten years, and I doubt that it will.

But hey, I've been wrong before, and I'd bet cash money I'll be wrong in the future on a good many things.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]