ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

reduce a 1080hd project to dv project

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Murrayreduce a 1080hd project to dv project
by on Jan 6, 2010 at 4:15:51 pm

I have a 1080HD project an I would like to reduce the entire project to a standard DV project. The video I have is not HD. I'm sure there is and easy way to do this but I'm lost. Thanks...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: reduce a 1080hd project to dv project
by on Jan 6, 2010 at 4:44:53 pm

[David Murray] "I'm sure there is and easy way to do this... "

Contrary to your hopes, no. This ain't no magic wand deal. You'll have to provide us with more information before we can advise you about the best way to proceed:
  • The footage you have in the project already -- video, codec(s) -- stills, H&V resolution, vector/bitmap, etc.
  • Any precomps, nested comps H&V resolution, how willing you are to reconstruct them, realizing that you may be forced to reconstruct them or at least modify them a lot
  • Do you want the new SD stuff to be letterbox or center punch?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: reduce a 1080hd project to dv project
by on Jan 6, 2010 at 5:51:03 pm

As Dave says, it's not quite a one-click operation. There are some tips and techniques in the "Converting movies" section of After Effects Help.

(BTW, when you post a question to multiple forums, please do everyone else a favor and make sure that you cross-post the resolutions, too. Otherwise, the people trying to help you in one place might not realize that you've already got an answer elsewhere.)

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved