ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

reduce a 1080hd project to dv project

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Murray
reduce a 1080hd project to dv project
on Jan 6, 2010 at 4:15:51 pm

I have a 1080HD project an I would like to reduce the entire project to a standard DV project. The video I have is not HD. I'm sure there is and easy way to do this but I'm lost. Thanks...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: reduce a 1080hd project to dv project
on Jan 6, 2010 at 4:44:53 pm

[David Murray] "I'm sure there is and easy way to do this... "

Contrary to your hopes, no. This ain't no magic wand deal. You'll have to provide us with more information before we can advise you about the best way to proceed:
  • The footage you have in the project already -- video, codec(s) -- stills, H&V resolution, vector/bitmap, etc.
  • Any precomps, nested comps H&V resolution, how willing you are to reconstruct them, realizing that you may be forced to reconstruct them or at least modify them a lot
  • Do you want the new SD stuff to be letterbox or center punch?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: reduce a 1080hd project to dv project
on Jan 6, 2010 at 5:51:03 pm

As Dave says, it's not quite a one-click operation. There are some tips and techniques in the "Converting movies" section of After Effects Help.

(BTW, when you post a question to multiple forums, please do everyone else a favor and make sure that you cross-post the resolutions, too. Otherwise, the people trying to help you in one place might not realize that you've already got an answer elsewhere.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]