ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Particles of arrows

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joseph wilkinsParticles of arrows
by on Jan 5, 2010 at 10:06:10 pm

I am trying to set up a simulation in AE where arrows bounce off an object...

I am using particle playground and everything works fine... the arrows bounce off the wall I set up, but the arrows do not change direction... in other words I want the arrows ( the particles) to orient along path.

I am hoping I do not have to re-create this in another plug in, but if I do, I have particular 1.0

thanks

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Particles of arrows
by on Jan 5, 2010 at 11:59:15 pm

Did you set Rotation to Auto-Orient Rotation?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

joseph wilkinsRe: Particles of arrows
by on Jan 6, 2010 at 12:27:48 am

I have looked all over the plug in and cannot find the auto orient feature... please direct a blind fool :)

thanks

Return to posts index

Steve RobertsRe: Particles of arrows
by on Jan 6, 2010 at 1:44:38 am

That makes two blind fools ... I can't find it either.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 6, 2010 at 1:48:02 am

Oops. My bad. Sorry to get your hopes up.

I can't find it either. I was going by some crusty old documentation that apparently needs to be updated. I had better get to that.

If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 6, 2010 at 2:41:59 am

... but it would be a neat feature!

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Particles of arrows
by on Jan 6, 2010 at 8:35:52 pm

Particle Playground's Auto-orient feature is found in the Effects Control Panel. Click on Options and you'll find a Checkbox for Auto-Orient.

HTH
RoRK

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

by on Jan 6, 2010 at 8:41:09 pm

Thanks, Roland. I just added that tidbit to the Help section on Particle Playground; this change will appear the next time that I publish a revised version of the Help document (which I do about once per month).

Return to posts index

by on Jan 7, 2010 at 2:43:09 pm

Guess I'd better click "options" more often ... I tend to ignore it. Bad Steve!

Thanks, Roland.
Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]