ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

How can I recreate this?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Drew VandeveerHow can I recreate this?
by on Jan 5, 2010 at 10:04:30 pm

Hello all, I do hope I have placed this in the correct category. If not I do apologize.

Possibly like a lot of other people I take inspiration from many different venues. A year or so ago I created a list of all the things I want to try to recreate for the fun of it and too see if I can accomplish it.

Well this week on my list is one of RenderOn' graphics. WTMJ TV in Milwaukee, as well as a few other stations use them. Or should I say use to use them, TMJ4 has since changed over to in-house graphics, either way I'm still trying.

Anyway, I'm trying to recreate the LIVE AT 0:00 part of the graphic. I have included a link

so you can see what I am talking about, wait for it to load a few seconds and go to two minutes and 45 seconds. The boxes come flying in from the bottom of the screen, what I call swoop around the right side and a few bright flashes and a few lens flare' reveal LIVE AT ....

Anyway, I apologize if this is too long, but I want to try to be as precise as possible as I would love some help on how I can do this. And if it helps I'm using AE CS4.

Return to posts index

Steve RobertsRe: How can I recreate this?
by on Jan 5, 2010 at 11:48:41 pm

Hmm ... try making one skewed rectangle that flies around and into position. Precomp, then use echo to echo it. Or dupe it and slide each duped layer a bit in time to get a trail. The rest can be done with brute force: make some thin rectangles, move them out from center of frame, add directional blur to them, add a lens flare, animating its brightness, then take the text and scale it out from center as you animate its opacity.

Any questions? ;-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved