ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

DVD Cover Snapshot?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles FerranDVD Cover Snapshot?
by on Jan 5, 2010 at 8:19:16 pm

I'm trying to create a DVD Cover based on the graphics I created for the Promo I'm doing. Is there an easy way to just move my elements to fit specific dimensions and export a frame? I've figured out how to create a JPEG, and I have the dimensions I need but when I export at the size I'm supposed to export at and bring it into PhotoShop, its too small. And since the dpi in PhotoShop is set to 300 for print, the PhotoShop file is huge, THEN if I try and make the Comp settings in AE match the PhotoShop size its so big my graphics run out of space and are too big. This might be a PhotoShop question, but is there maybe an easy solution to this? thanks.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: DVD Cover Snapshot?
by on Jan 5, 2010 at 8:23:00 pm

If you absolutely MUST have a 300 dpi Photoshop document, you're going to have problems if you scale up the images from AE. You might want to look into a plugin from Red Giant Software called Instant HD, which can help a little. I think there's a tryout version.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Charles FerranRe: DVD Cover Snapshot?
by on Jan 5, 2010 at 8:27:28 pm

thanks, I will.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: DVD Cover Snapshot?
by on Jan 5, 2010 at 10:33:13 pm

You might check out this thread, too:

You only want to use an up-res plugin on raster footage elements; it's better to scale your vectors and type in AE.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved