ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Making a title sequence

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom CrossMaking a title sequence
by on Jan 5, 2010 at 3:20:44 pm

Right I'm trying to make a title sequence for a college project with after effects. Unfortunately this is my fist real foray into the program, so I'm not familiar with it.
The look I'm trying to achieve is arrows moving across the screen and into video clips. The animation for the lines and placing the clips in I can do. It's just that I have no idea how to make those lines into arrows.
Thanks in advance, Tom.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Making a title sequence
by on Jan 5, 2010 at 4:05:05 pm

You can draw arrows as shapes on shape layers.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Making a title sequence
by on Jan 5, 2010 at 11:00:02 pm

Welcome to the wonderful world of AE.

To learn how to use the program, the manual is a great place to start, but lots of people find it better to combine reading the manual with doing some tutorials. has a great set of basics for beginners.
The COW of course has a whole tutorials section.

If you have any questions, feel free to pop in and ask, but might I suggest the AE beginner's forum instead. Many of the same experts are there, but they're expecting newbie questions in that forum.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Tom CrossRe: Making a title sequence
by on Jan 6, 2010 at 2:08:24 pm

The manuals helped a little, but they were confusing for the most part. But I got it sorted though, my Dad knows a lot more than i thought he did.
But thanks for the input, appriciate it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved