ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

renders coming out tinted blue (CS4)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris forresterrenders coming out tinted blue (CS4)
by on Jan 4, 2010 at 5:57:41 pm

been meaning to drop a post here sometime about this. It seems to happen very rarely and I have yet to work out exactly why or what stops it from continuing. My only observation so far is it happens on the Mac and so far not on a PC

Occasionally when I have gone to render my comps I have had the targa sequence come out tinted blue, the other channels just dropped out from what I remember.

Now this comp rendered just fine full size earlier in the day and I was not using any tint effects. My previews at full size also looked fine, but for some reason doing a render produced the blue tinted images.

I trimmed everything out of the project that I did not need (reduce project) tried the secret menus and in the end resorted to a restart of the Mac. Then next render worked just fine...

I was curious if anyone else has had this happen to there renders?

I saw this post below but no responses,

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/2/960156

Anyways just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced anything like this before, these things do trouble me :-P

Regards
Chris Forrester
demoreel http://www.chrisforrester.tv

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: renders coming out tinted blue (CS4)
by on Jan 4, 2010 at 6:02:21 pm

You might just want to double-check the kind of footage you're using....

Dave's Stock Answer #1:

If the footage you imported into AE is any kind of the following -- footage in an HDV acquisition codec, MPEG1, MPEG2, mp4, m2t, H.261 or H.264 -- you need to convert it to a different codec.

These kinds of footage use temporal, or interframe compression. They have keyframes at regular intervals, containing complete frame information. However, the frames in between do NOT have complete information. Interframe codecs toss out duplicated information.

In order to maintain peak rendering efficiency, AE needs complete information for each and every frame. But because these kinds of footage contain only partial information, AE freaks out, resulting in a wide variety of problems.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

chris forresterRe: renders coming out tinted blue (CS4)
by on Jan 4, 2010 at 6:14:25 pm

Thanks Dave,

Meant to have mentioned that all footage converted to QT Animation 100% before being imported into AE I find the Mac is even more picky about those temporal file formats than the PC, so I insist on converting the files even if my PC using peers feel the lack of need to do so (the Mac is my preference system to use).

I tend to use proxies a lot, render them fullsize and use them in my final renders. Never had a problem before with this work method, but just in case it was causing problems I imported these sequences and dropped them into there appropriate compositions and switched of the other layers ( just as nucleo would automate for you).

Regards
Chris Forrester

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: renders coming out tinted blue (CS4)
by on Jan 4, 2010 at 7:07:33 pm

If your footage is okay, try these basic troubleshooting tips from Kevin Camp. The thread is about AE8 vs. AE9, but they're still good tips:

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/2/970112

The only thing I would add is not to render to something like h.264 or any kind of mpeg.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

John DupreeRe: renders coming out tinted blue (CS4)
by on Jan 7, 2010 at 9:53:51 pm

I have had this problem with targa sequences as well. I found that if I include alpha it renders fine.
Not sure why this happens would like to hear if anyone has another solution

Return to posts index

chris forresterRe: renders coming out tinted blue (CS4)
by on Jan 8, 2010 at 10:26:07 am

That is interesting John, as I remember my preset I use is set to not export with alpha and 24Bit for my final renders..I think I might dig out the project later in the week and see what the final working render settings were just to satisfy my curiosity!

Your using a Mac also?

Well that is 3 people I know now who have experienced this oddity...anyone else out there :-P

Regards
Chris Forrester

Return to posts index

Sonia SolerRe: renders coming out tinted blue (CS4)
by on Jun 19, 2010 at 10:15:55 am

It also happens to me. No matter what codecs I use, it only occur (sometimes) when I do a Targa sequence, and only with the Mac.
I've just finished an animation, didn't use any external files(nor videos,pictures), and it came out tinted in blue. Closed After Effects (Cs5), opened again, and...voilĂ ! A perfect TGA.
I really don't understand it!! Same composition...sames files...seems AE is kidding me!

Return to posts index

Sam MarlowRe: renders coming out tinted blue (CS4)
by on Mar 12, 2012 at 2:33:14 pm

I have noticed the same problem with targa sequences. my comp only included image sequences, and shapes and text building directly in After Effects. I tried rendering a full HD comp in 32 bit, with a targa sequence. i am using a lot of vignettes with the ramp scatter, therefore im trying to avoid as much banding as possible. the first 50-60 frames were okay, then everything came out tinted blue. im using CS5.5, if restarting the computer seems to do the trick, hopefully CS6 might not have this problem.

Return to posts index

Mark AllenRe: renders coming out tinted blue (CS4)
by on Sep 10, 2012 at 10:47:01 pm

Wow, I wish I'd known about this - I just had a huge urgent render turn out all purple blue tinted. I guess I should have checked the files, but didn't even think it was a possibility this could happen. Am sticking to TIF. Just adding a voice to say - yes, this is an issue.

CS5.5

Mark Allen
Allucinari
http://www.markallen.net/demo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]