ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Importing RAW sequence into AE CS3???

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chad cottrell
Importing RAW sequence into AE CS3???
on Jan 3, 2010 at 9:07:11 pm

Hello:

I've been searching the posts, and haven't quite found the answers I need.

I'm trying to import an RAW image sequence into AE CS3. I was trying to replicate the steps from a tutorial about using Bridge & ACR to import TIFF or JPEG sequences, but it's just not working with RAW.

AE says that it can't "parse the file". I have the newest ACR (5.6) update for Photoshop, but I have no idea whether I need something similar for AfterEffects?

Can someone please advise?

Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Importing RAW sequence into AE CS3???
on Jan 3, 2010 at 10:04:12 pm

According to this document, version 5.6 of the Camera Raw plug-in might not be compatible with After Effects CS3:
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/408/kb408941.html

I'm not 100% certain of this, but you may need to use the older version of the Camera Raw plug-in if you're still using AFter Effects CS3.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

chad cottrell
on Jan 3, 2010 at 10:57:36 pm

Thanks.

But I have no idea where the camera raw plug even lives, in the AE folder. I don't immediately see anything like that in the "format" folder in the "plugin" folder. So, with either version of the ACR plug, would I need to add that to the AE folder?

Cheers.

Return to posts index

chad cottrell
on Jan 4, 2010 at 9:01:10 pm

Anyone else have experience with this? Seems like it must be a common issue with so many cameras shooting in RAW, these days.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]