ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

strokes draw scene ...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim West
strokes draw scene ...
on Jan 3, 2010 at 11:25:35 am

Hi,

I'm building a graphics sequence where a scene is 'drawn' onto the screen using a series of strokes, before (somehow) transitioning into video.
At the moment I am tracing the video scene using a series of masks and applying trapcode 3D stroke to create the drawing on - just wondering if anyone has done anything similar and if so what other techniques / effects could work?

Something like this would be great!:

Any ideas would be great,

Thanks!

T.

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: strokes draw scene ...
on Jan 4, 2010 at 4:20:24 pm

I'd start looking for "how we made the spot" descriptions from Audi or their production company reps.
I can't tell form your inquiry what you want to do and the Audi spot is nothing like what I thought you were seeking.
we've been drawing or applying stroke-type effects to video around here for many years, I would hope there'd be some tutorials on file to help point you in what may turn out to be an unexpected path.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Steve Roberts
Re: strokes draw scene ...
on Jan 4, 2010 at 9:57:34 pm

It's really hard, if not impossible, to control the shape of a 3D stroke line in more than one plane, so my guess is that 3D stroke was not involved here. In fact, The Mill used Flame, Shake and Maya.

http://www.vfxtalk.com/forum/lynn-foxs-rhythm-lines-animate-new-audi-t10462...

You can do it if you don't expect to make complex contours that hold a car-like contour in more than one plane. You could make a car-like profile, then bend it a bit. Or you could make a stroke that only holds it shape when seen from one angle, but lies within one plane.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]