ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE CS4 3d Issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George DeFrates
AE CS4 3d Issue
on Jan 2, 2010 at 6:18:03 pm

Hi,

I hope I can get some help with a project I am having trouble with. I have arranged photos in AE (CS4) in a circular ring using PlaneSpace. I want to have these photos sit on a circular (ring) floor (created from a shape layer) so the photos will cast a reflection on this floor. I cannot get the photos in the ring to stay on the shape layer floor through the camera move. Hope someone has some suggestions.

Thanks,

George

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
Re: AE CS4 3d Issue
on Jan 3, 2010 at 4:43:22 pm

Are they layers in the ring parented to a Null. If not give that a try. Parent the layers to a 3D Null. Using the Front View make sure the layers are in position on the floor by moving the Null.

Return to posts index

George DeFrates
on Jan 3, 2010 at 5:02:01 pm

Hi Brian,

The photos are laid out in a ring or circle by using PlaneSpace. I select all the photos, in this case 9 photos, and then apply PlaneSpace. PlaneSpace does not create a null to hold photos to the circle. Looks like it simply positions the photos on the grid in 3d space to create this pattern.

Thanks for any help or suggestions you might have.

George

George

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
on Jan 4, 2010 at 12:09:29 am

I use Plane Space as well as some free scripts that produce similar results (check NAB scripts), Why not parent all the 3D ring layers to a Null and then position them properly on the floor.

Return to posts index

George DeFrates
on Jan 4, 2010 at 6:54:35 pm

Hi Brian,

Thanks, I will try this out. And NAB Scripts sounds like a great source for AE tools. I will check this out as well.

Thanks again,

George

George

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]