ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Matching a Red One camera: can I use the 35mm preset?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paulo Jan
Matching a Red One camera: can I use the 35mm preset?
on Jan 2, 2010 at 6:15:19 pm

Hi all:

Happy New Year everybody. I'm working on a project where I have to create some simple 3D animations (flying screens and so, nothing fancy) that will be integrated into footage shot with the Red One camera (shot in 4K and 16:9). I do know which lens they used to shoot the footage, so in theory, all I'd have to do is to create a 3D comp in AE with the same camera settings than the "real" camera, and the perspectives will match (it's a static shot, so no need for tracking). My question, then, is: can I simply use the default camera settings that come with AE? They are designed for a 35mm camera, and the Red One reportedly has the same sensor size than a Super 35mm. frame, so I think it will OK, but I'd like to be sure.

Alternatively, and if it's not the case, how could I create my own custom 3D camera in AE? (Considering that the sensor size of the Red can be easily found on the net).

Thanks in advance,

Paulo.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Matching a Red One camera: can I use the 35mm preset?
on Jan 2, 2010 at 11:10:16 pm

If it's simple animation, it's probably not all that critical that you match the camera settings precisely. I think close will be good enough.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]