ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

particles from a layer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simas Račiusparticles from a layer
by on Jan 2, 2010 at 10:43:16 am

hello,

I was wondering if there's a way to turn a layer into particles and control the lifespan, size, color etc. of those particles? i basicly got a PSD layer with smoke and i need to animate that smoke. Yeah i could go and make smoke into AFX but then the effect would not be what i want. I could achieve a similar effect with particle playgournd (layer exploder) but the effect only generates pixels from the layer's pixels and you cannot control the birth lifespan or anything. You are just getting continous pixel generation from the layer.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: particles from a layer
by on Jan 2, 2010 at 5:41:13 pm

Not sure if this answers your question — both CC Particle World and Trapcode Particular allow you to use a layer as a source for particles.

Return to posts index

Simas RačiusRe: particles from a layer
by on Jan 2, 2010 at 5:58:56 pm

yeah i am aware of that but i cant find a way to control the lifespan and other things in particular world. as for trapcode particular is it possible to emit particles from a layer but not particles as layers ?

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: particles from a layer
by on Jan 3, 2010 at 4:40:12 pm

CC Particle World had lifespan parameters. Click on the word options in the CC PW effects control panel to view opacity, bounce and other settings.

RT*M

Return to posts index

Ermal KociRe: particles from a layer
by on Feb 24, 2014 at 4:40:53 pm

Hello,

I know how Particular can use a layer for emitter, but can't find how Particle World can do that. Can you please tell me or send me a link to a tutorial. I just can't seem to find it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]