ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

How Do You Create Cool Text Transitions?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean DoyleHow Do You Create Cool Text Transitions?
by on Jan 2, 2010 at 1:16:11 am

Ok, so if you watch this:

you'll see a Promo Video for this software thats designed for AAE, if you watch the video from 0:03 to 0:15, you can see that every peice of text changes as this cool light orb thing passes through it kind of like a transition for text. So if any of you guys could tell me how to create this effect or atleast something similar to it, that would be great! Also if I have to buy a plugin or software to to do it just give me the website for it in your post! Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: How Do You Create Cool Text Transitions?
by on Jan 2, 2010 at 4:35:14 am

That would be a lens flare moving across the screen. When it flashes big and bright (and fills the screen with white light) the text changes.
Simply create your two texts, make a lens flare (Effects>Generate>Lens Flare), make it be big and bright for a few frames, and make one text go away and bring in the other one at the same time.
Now they're using either Knoll Light Factory Pro or (more likely) the lens flare plug-in that they're creating for their lens flare, but that sort of transition can be done with the stock lens flare if you want to.
They've also jazzed it up with some animation on the text, etc. but that's all just basic scale animation or 3d position animation. You do that by pressing selecting the layer and pressing s on your keyboard and keyframing the scale property.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Sean DoyleRe: How Do You Create Cool Text Transitions?
by on Jan 2, 2010 at 5:03:38 am

Thanks so much, I tried this and it helped me alot! I made a raw composition using this effect, and I'll probably upload it to YouTube and give you guys a link, I think its pretty cool but I can put a little more effort towards it. Anyways Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved