ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

De-noise plugin:new chances?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tommaso cicoDe-noise plugin:new chances?
by on Dec 31, 2009 at 9:16:22 am

Hi ll,
I use to denoise my fotage with the powerfull plugin inside after effects and,afterall, I appreciate how it works.
Yesterday I tested the famous Topaz De-noise plugin in photoshop applied to a video layer and I found it pretty impressive and easier to use than the standard denoise in AE.
Anyone have had experience about that?some pros and cons?
and...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Tommaso

Return to posts index

Jim ArcoRe: De-noise plugin:new chances?
by on Dec 31, 2009 at 1:01:55 pm

Using what you have on hand is always a good idea. Going to Photoshop just for de-noising will (obviously) add another step to your workflow and require another round of compression for the video unless you do all your work inside PS.

Plug-ins to reduce noise have improved quite a bit in the last few years, and Topaz has a lot of followers. I have also heard good things about Neat Video for AE. Also, if I remember correctly, Topaz has an NR for AE as part of their "enhance" plugins.

Jim

Return to posts index

Steve RobertsRe: De-noise plugin:new chances?
by on Dec 31, 2009 at 4:50:37 pm

I used to demo for the developers of the Reduce Grain/Match Grain/Add Grain effects in AE. If you have trouble, I might be able to help you. I've found that the default settings (with one exception) do a great job. Most of the other settings are for tweaking.

The exception is: you should enable Temporal Filtering when using footage (not a still). Leaving it unchecked as a default was a holdover from the effect's history as a Photoshop plugin.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]