ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

De-noise plugin:new chances?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tommaso cicoDe-noise plugin:new chances?
by on Dec 31, 2009 at 9:16:22 am

Hi ll,
I use to denoise my fotage with the powerfull plugin inside after effects and,afterall, I appreciate how it works.
Yesterday I tested the famous Topaz De-noise plugin in photoshop applied to a video layer and I found it pretty impressive and easier to use than the standard denoise in AE.
Anyone have had experience about that?some pros and cons?

Return to posts index

Jim ArcoRe: De-noise plugin:new chances?
by on Dec 31, 2009 at 1:01:55 pm

Using what you have on hand is always a good idea. Going to Photoshop just for de-noising will (obviously) add another step to your workflow and require another round of compression for the video unless you do all your work inside PS.

Plug-ins to reduce noise have improved quite a bit in the last few years, and Topaz has a lot of followers. I have also heard good things about Neat Video for AE. Also, if I remember correctly, Topaz has an NR for AE as part of their "enhance" plugins.

Return to posts index

Steve RobertsRe: De-noise plugin:new chances?
by on Dec 31, 2009 at 4:50:37 pm

I used to demo for the developers of the Reduce Grain/Match Grain/Add Grain effects in AE. If you have trouble, I might be able to help you. I've found that the default settings (with one exception) do a great job. Most of the other settings are for tweaking.

The exception is: you should enable Temporal Filtering when using footage (not a still). Leaving it unchecked as a default was a holdover from the effect's history as a Photoshop plugin.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved